Are you looking for a gallstone treatment Gallstones are hard, stone-like deposits that form in the gallbladder, and the sizes of gallstones range from small to medium-sized to large, and the type of treatment is determined depending on the size and type of stones present.
Treatment of gallstones in elite care clinics:
Before talking about how to treat gallstones, we should mention the causes and symptoms:
Causes of gallstone formation:
Although there is no reason for the formation of gallstone doctors, they most likely have a group of reasons:
- Increased liver excretion of cholesterol exceeds the ability of bile to dissolve.
- Bile concentrates due to the gallbladder not emptying its contents properly.
- Increase the proportion of bilirubin in bile.
Symptoms of gallstone formation:
There is a set of symptoms when observed, the patient should go to the specialist to treat gallstones and bile ducts:
- Sudden pain that rises in the middle of the abdomen.
- The feeling of vomiting and constant nausea.
- Yellowing of the color of the skin and eyes.
- Dark urine color.
- Back pain that reaches the right shoulder.
- Diarrhea and dark-colored stools.
Symptoms may reach fever and chills, and then the patient should go to the specialist immediately.
Sizes of gallstones:
The intensity of pain depends on the size of the stone, there are 3 sizes of stones:
- As small as grains of sand.
- Medium to medium-sized stones.
- Big as a golf ball.
A single stone may form and the patient may have a larger number of stones.
Types of gallstones:
As for the types of gallstones, there are two main types:
- Cholesterol stones.
- Pigment gallstones.
Treatment of gallstones:
There are several treatment options and the choice depends on the size of the gallstone:
Treatment of small and medium gallstones:
- Lithotripsy drugs may help treat small and medium stones.
- Treatment may take months, and maybe even more.
- There is a possibility that Stones will form again.
Treatment of large gallstones:
- There should be an operation to remove the gallbladder and stones.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy does not affect body functions.
- Once the gallbladder is removed, bile flows from the liver directly into the intestine.
The surgical option is the most effective in the treatment of gallstones and bile ducts, but you need to be careful in choosing a specialist doctor, elite care clinics led by Dr. Ahmed Al-Nabil are the best clinics that provide integrated medical services with international standards on Egyptian soil.