Gastrointestinal endoscopy is one of the services we provide at Elite Care Clinics, which is relied upon for many diagnostic and therapeutic purposes for many diseases. The endoscope enables the doctor to see the patient’s internal organs without surgery to discover the cause of the defect or the nature of the problem he is suffering from, and based on it, the disease is diagnosed. Accurately, in this regard, there are many types of endoscopes and many uses. We will learn about the service in all its details in the following lines.
The gastrointestinal endoscope is simply a small camera that is installed on top of a thin, flexible tube to image the digestive system. This camera is connected to a screen through which the doctor can see all the organs of the patient’s digestive system.
Gastrointestinal endoscopy examines:
- the twelve.
The endoscope helps the doctor determine the causes of your symptoms, such as:
- Persistent vomiting.
- Difficulty swallowing.
And other symptoms that are associated with gastrointestinal diseases.
Uses of gastrointestinal endoscopy:
The importance of endoscopy is that it helps save a person’s life. Someone may suffer from pain in his abdomen and not realize the cause of it. This pain may be due to bleeding. If this bleeding continues, it may undoubtedly lead to his death.
Endoscopes are also used to diagnose many serious diseases such as:
- Hiatal hernia.
- Internal bleeding.
One of the most dangerous diseases is tumors. Using an endoscope, the doctor is able to take a sample of the tumor in the stomach, intestines, or esophagus, and by analyzing and examining that biopsy, the nature of the tumor is revealed.
With the continuous development in the world of gastrointestinal endoscopy, the matter has evolved until the endoscope has become an essential factor in performing many surgeries, such as:
- Stomach ulcers.
- Hiatal hernia repair.
- Performing various obesity surgeries (sleeve surgery, gastric bypass).
Also through laparoscopy, the doctor can treat:
- Esophageal stricture.
- Esophageal relaxation.
- Varicose veins in the lower esophagus.
- In addition to removing small tumors.
Gastrointestinal endoscopy is relied upon to treat such diseases, or at least to determine the appropriate type of surgery or the optimal technique to treat this disease.
Types of gastrointestinal endoscopy:
There are many types of gastrointestinal endoscopy, such as:
- One of the latest types of binoculars equipped with high-precision technology.
- It helps in conducting a thorough examination of the colon, intestines, and esophagus.
- The patient swallows the capsule after a certain number of hours of fasting.
- The capsule travels inside the digestive tract and is equipped with a battery, camera, light source, and radio wave source.
- The capsule endoscope captures images at a rate of two images per second, and the images are transmitted to a recording device mounted on the patient’s abdomen.
Diagnostic gastrointestinal endoscopy:
It is a thin tube with a small camera attached to the end.
The endoscope is inserted into the digestive system to detect and diagnose the diseases mentioned above.
Therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy:
This type of endoscopy helps in treating many diseases such as:
- Injection or ligation of esophageal varices.
- Bile duct endoscopy.
- Liver injections with chemotherapy to treat liver tumors.
In addition to the endoscope for bariatric surgery, the endoscope for taking samples from the colon, esophagus, or stomach, and the thermal frequency endoscope and other types.
When can the patient return home after a gastrointestinal endoscopy?
- The patient enters the laparoscopic procedure while fasting at least 8 hours before the operation.
- After the operation, the patient feels the effect of the anesthesia, which lasts for a short time.
- Once the effect of the anesthesia wears off, the patient can return to his home.
- It does not take more than a few hours.
In some cases, the doctor may ask the patient to remain under observation for 24 hours before he can return home.
The best gastrointestinal endoscopy center in Cairo:
Elite Care Clinics is one of the best centers that provide gastrointestinal endoscopy services based on:
- Latest devices.
- Distinguished medical staff.
- Health care at the highest level.
At Elite Care, we adopt providing a level of medical service with international standards so that the patient can enjoy all the comforts in addition to the quality level of medical or health care services. You can book the gastrointestinal endoscopy unit and other Elite Care clinics from here.