Are you looking for treatment for infusion and complications after obesity operations? Undergoing various obesity surgeries, whether gastric sleeve, bypass, or other surgeries, makes there a possibility that the patient will be exposed to the risk of leakage or the occurrence of some complications.
What are the complications of different obesity surgeries? What is an infusion? Why do complications or leakage occur? What is the best way to treat leakage and post-operative complications at Elite Care clinics? This is what we will know below:
Infusion treatment and postoperative complications:
Undergoing surgery such as gastric sleeve surgery may result in some complications, the most important of which is leakage. Before talking about the treatment of leakage and complications after the operation, we must first get to know the symptoms of leakage and the causes of its occurrence.
Leakage symptoms after gastric bypass or sleeve surgery?
- Heart rate.
- Continuously high temperature.
- Severe abdominal pain.
- Persistent nausea and vomiting.
- Low blood pressure.
- Pain in the left shoulder area.
Why does leakage occur?
- Extreme pressure on the stomach wall.
- The pressure creates an opening at the stapled site.
- The doctor does not have the necessary competence.
Types of infusion after slimming operations:
- Early infusion: This occurs days after surgery.
- Medium leakage: occurs after the first week of the sleeve gastrectomy and gastric bypass surgery.
- Late infusion: occurs 5 weeks after the operation.
When does the risk of leakage disappear after the gastric sleeve procedure?
The risk of leakage does not disappear except with surgical intervention by the treating team, by plugging this leak to reach a safe state of treating the leak and postoperative complications and preventing the patient’s condition from deteriorating.
What are the complications of obesity surgery?
The complications of various obesity surgeries are not limited to leakage, but there are many additional complications that require immediate intervention to treat them, such as:
- Constant bleeding.
- Exposure to infection.
- Gastrointestinal leaks.
- Stomach perforation.
- Formation of gallstones.
Why do complications occur?
Complications occur due to the doctor’s lack of experience or lack of the required medical competence. Therefore, treating the leak and post-operative complications requires resorting to a more qualified doctor and a center specialized in this type of surgery.
What is the treatment of infusion and complications after obesity surgeries?
There are many forms of treatment for leakage and obesity complications in general, and choosing the best method depends on the patient’s condition and the type he suffers from. As for treating leakage, for example, it is done through more than one means, such as:
- Installing a stent through the laparoscope to stop the leak.
- Taking antibiotics.
- Stop eating and drinking.
- The doctor may have to intervene surgically to preserve the patient’s life.
The best doctor for treating infusion and weight loss surgery complications:
Undergoing safe obesity surgery requires relying on a doctor with the competence and experience that qualifies him to perform a gastric sleeve or gastric bypass surgery without any complications.
- Dr. Ahmed Al-Nabil is one of the most important obesity surgery doctors in Egypt.
- He holds a Bachelor’s degree from the Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University in 2001, with distinction and honors.
- He obtained an Egyptian doctorate in 2010.
- Fellow in obesity and laparoscopic surgeries at the largest European universities, at the University of Milan, Italy, and Dundee, Scotland.
- He attended many training workshops in the fields of obesity surgery, body shaping, and laparoscopy in Egypt, England, and Italy.
- He presented many research papers in the field of laparoscopic surgery and obesity in scientific medical journals and international conferences.
You can learn more about Dr. Ahmed Al-Nabil from here. If you are looking for the best treatment for infusion and complications after slimming operations, Elite Care Clinics is the first specialized center that provides integrated medical services with international standards. With us, you will receive the best service provided with the utmost professionalism in accordance with international medical standards.