Esophageal reflux and laparoscopic surgery are medical specialties that require relying on a highly qualified specialist, and elite care clinics led by Dr. Ahmed Al-Nabil are some of the best medical centers that provide integrated services in Egypt with international standards.
GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease is one of the common diseases lately, especially with the wrong diet and fast food that most people eat.
Esophageal reflux and laparoscopic surgeries:
GERD is simply the reflux of stomach acid from the stomach into the esophagus again, as a result of an injury to the esophageal mucosa.
- The patient feels severe heartburn.
- The feeling of heartburn extends to the chest, and sometimes the pharynx.
- Symptoms may include vomiting and difficulty swallowing.
- The severity of the symptoms depends on the degree of reflux.
Degrees of GERD of the esophagus:
Since we are talking about reflux esophagitis and laparoscopic surgeries, we should mention the three degrees of reflux :
Mild Gerd reflux: occurs once to twice a week.
Moderate Gerd average reflux: occurs more than twice a week.
Severe GERD reflux: occurs on a daily basis and causes severe stomach pain.
Causes of GERD:
- Some drugs such as aspirin.
- Drinking alcoholic substances.
- Eat high-fat foods.
- Gerd occurs as a result of the esophageal muscle not working as efficiently as necessary, so stomach acid bounces back.
Symptoms of reflux esophagitis:
- Stomach pain.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Heartburn in the stomach.
- Abdominal distension.
Treatment of GERD:
There are 3 types of GERD treatment and the type of treatment depends on the degree of reflux experienced by the patient, namely:
They are suitable for a patient suffering from mild reflux, here on the patient:
- Stop smoking.
- Getting rid of excess weight.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
This type of treatment is resorted to if behavior change does not improve, for example, medications:
Antacids are prescribed.
Blockers of the H2 receptor.
Inhibitors of protein pumps.
In the event that the reflux patient does not improve with medication, surgical intervention is required to treat reflux esophagitis laparoscopically.
The latest technology for the treatment of GERD:
As for esophageal reflux and laparoscopic surgeries, they are the last option, which is done through the endoscope to fold the bottom of the stomach through 5 small incisions to insert the surgical instruments and the camera into the abdominal cavity.
- Conduct the necessary medical analyses.
- Stop eating a whole day before the operation.
- Stop taking aspirin, Vitamin E, and the like at least a week before the operation.
During the operation of reflux esophagitis:
- Completely anesthetize the patient.
- The doctor makes 5 incisions in the abdominal area.
- The endoscope camera and the necessary surgical instruments are inserted.
- The doctor folds the fundus of the stomach to strengthen the valve between the esophagus and the stomach.
After the reflux operation:
The patient may need to stay for a period ranging from one day and a night to 3 nights, depending on the patient’s condition.
Elite care clinics are the best medical clinics for the treatment of reflux esophagitis and laparoscopic surgery, at elite care you will receive medical service with international standards.